The Tin Hut dates from 1857 and has a colourful history as a local pub.
For 151 years the Tin Hut has serviced travellers, visitors and the local South Wairarapa community. The Tin Hut was named in 1923 when the original pub, The Tauherenikau Hotel, burnt down. A temporary premise, a corrugated iron hut, was constructed and the locals affectionately named it The Tin Hut.
In 2004 Marcus Darley bought the Tin Hut with the view to developing an environment which could be soothing and reflective for visitors, a focal point for the South Wairarapa district and meet the needs of families.
Located on the main road between Greytown and Featherston, The Tin Hut provides a chic, informal dining area, a comfortable and warm bar to ease winter chills, and a beautiful garden to while away lazy sunny days.